1 hr 50min
- For the base:
- 100g (½ cup) Ballantyne Cultured Unsalted Butter, melted
- 300g digestive biscuits, crushed to crumbs
- For the filling:
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 2 egg whites
- 200 ml cream, 48% fat
- 500g (2 cups) plain yoghurt
- 300g (1 ½ cups) cottage cheese, drained
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest
- 125g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 40ml (8 tsp) fruit liqueur, raspberry, strawberry or orange
- To decorate:
- Strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
Grease a 30cm round tin with unsalted butter.
For the base: mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into the base of the tin. Chill for 1 hour.
For the filling: add the gelatine leaves to a small bowl of cold water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Whisk the egg whites and cream until stiff.
Beat together the yoghurt, cottage cheese, lemon zest and sugar until smooth.
Gently warm the liqueur. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine leaves and add the leaves to the liqueur, stirring until dissolved. Stir into the egg white mixture.
Stir in the yoghurt mixture and spoon onto the biscuit base. Smooth it out and chill for at least 4 hours until set.
Arrange the berries on top.