Recipes from the Hong Kong Golden Churn Fusion Cooking Competition 2012
First Prize dish: Golden scallops in Si Chun spicy sauce.
2 tbsp Golden Churn Pure Creamery Butter
Some Si Chun pepper
Some Si Chun dried chili
1. Fry Si Chun Pepper, Si Chun dried chili with Golden Churn Butter (tastes a lot richer than margarine)
2. Stew the scallops in Si Chun spicy sauce
3. Serve scallops with some Si Chun spicy sauce or in the bowl of Si Chun
Second Prize Dish: Chili Butter Cheese Cake.
Crunchy chocolate base
80g Dark chocolate
30g Crunchy flakes
20g Golden Churn Pure Creamery Butter
10g Praline paste
Chili cheese filling
120g Cream cheese
20g Chili powder
1. Crunchy chocolate base
2. All praline paste into melted chocolate
3. Stir to mix well
4. Pour into crunchy flakes
5. Stir to mix
6. Sour into mould
7. Spread to flat layer. place in fast chiller for 10 minutes
8. Chili cheese filling
9. Add sugar to cream cheese, beat to smooth
10. Add chili powder, beat to smooth
11. Add beaten cream, lemon juice and mascarpone, stir to mix well
12. Add gelatin water and rum, stir to mix well
13. Pour into mould with brushed melt chocolate. Place in fast chiller for 30 minutes
14. Place on crunchy chocolate base. Heat by fire gun to remove the mould. Pour melted chocolate on top
Third Prize Dish: Almond pudding with mango cream & marinated berries.
(portion for 2)60g Egg White
25g Dark chocolate
1tsp Baking soda
4g Coco power
50g Golden Churn Pure Creamery Butter
50g Sliced Almonds (baked crisp)
4pcs Tart Skin
Mango Panna Cotta:10g Mango (puree)
60g Mascarpone Cheese
50g Whipping Cream
1. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate (melt), then add the rum, protein, and almond slices.
2. Preheat oven 180?Wing 15 minutes Baked Almond Chocolate Pudding, then sift some coco power on top.
3. Whipping cream, cheese and mango (puree). Frozen snow 20 minutes into the tart skin.