- 125 g ballantyne spreadable butter
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp bi-carbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup (140g) natural greek-style yoghurt
- 3/4 cup mashed over-ripe banana
- ballantyne spreadable butter, extra and honey, to serve
Recipe courtesy of Food to love and The Australian Woman’s Weekly
Suitable to freeze.
Not suitable to microwave.
Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease and line base and two long sides of an 11cm x 20cm (inside top measurement) loaf pan.
Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until just combined. Fold in the combined flour, cinnamon and soda, then yoghurt and banana.
Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand for 20 minutes before turning, topside up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve banana loaf warm with butter and honey, if desired.